Quick French Onion Soup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 medium onions sliced into rings
- 1 lb button mushrooms brushed and sliced
- 1 tbsp dried thyme leaves
- 2 tsp dried marjoram leaves
- 1/4 cup Tamari or liguid aminos
- 2 qt filtered water or organic chicken stock
- slices of raw Swiss or Provolone cheese optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt oil.
- Add garlic and onions, and cook for a few minutes until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are tender 2-3 more minutes.
- Stir in thyme, marjoram leaves, and 1 Tablespoon tamari.
- Sauté a few seconds more to let flavors develop.
- Add water and bring soup back to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Add remaining Tamari.
- If desired, put soup in oven safe bowls and add shredded cheese on top.
- Put on a baking tray and broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.