Char-grilled Chicken Salad with White Beets
Adding leftover grilled chicken from dinner to liven up a simple salad makes for a fulfilling and inexpensive lunch!
- 4-6 oz char-grilled chicken breast cut into strips
- 2 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 3 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1-2 white beets sliced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil optional
- Prepare ingredients as directed.
- Grill or reheat the chicken in a skillet for 2 to 4 minutes (depending on method) or until heated through. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into thin strips.
- Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, white beets, and halved cherry tomatoes. Toss to mix well. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar (and olive oil, if using) over the salad contents. Toss well to mix.
- Transfer the salad to a serving dish and arrange 6 ounces of the chargrilled chicken breast strips over the salad and serve.
- Place the remaining salad/chicken in a stay-fresh container, and store in the refrigerator to be used as directed during the 30-day meal plan.