Black Bean Burgers
Looking for the perfect meatless Monday meal? These black bean burgers are flavorful, moist, and tough to resist, even for your meat-loving friends. Brown these patties either on the backyard grill at a summer barbecue, indoors in a skillet for a weeknight dinner, or as an appetizer.
- 2 cups (1 can) organic, low-sodium black beans drained well
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup green onion sliced (reserve some for garnish)
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- jalapeños diced (optional)
- lime wedges for garnish
- 6 grainless rolls
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add black beans. With the back of a fork, smash about 3⁄4 of the beans into a paste.
- Add cumin, garlic, green onion, and jalapeños. Form beans into 6 patties, the same diameter of your biscuits. Set aside.
- Toast or grill the grainless rolls.
- In a medium sized skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add bean patties and cook until browned about 5 minutes. Flip and brown the other side.
- Serve immediately on grainless rolls or your bread of choice. Garnish with green onion, a lime wedge, and your choice of yogurt sauce or mayonnaise.