- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lb grass-fed beef round or stew meat chopped into 1" cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 3/4 cup onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 stalks celery sliced
- 1 lb mushrooms
- 3 cups filtered water
- 3 cups organic beef broth
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat a large stockpot to medium high heat.
- While heating, sprinkle beef with salt and pepper.
- Add oil and sauté beef, stirring frequently, for 7-9 minutes until browned.
- Remove beef pieces from pot.
- Add onions, garlic, bay leaves, and thyme to pot and sauté until translucent or simply put them into a crock- pot with the juices from the browning pot.
- Stir in tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add celery, and mushrooms. Stir to coat and sauté a few more minutes.
- Add browned beef, water, and stock.
- Reduce to low and simmer covered for several hours, until beef is tender. Serve sprinkled with parsley.