Warm Steak Salad with Mushroom Brown Butter
- 12 oz grass-fed steak
- 2 cup mushrooms
- 10 fresh sage leaves
- 4 cup spinach
- 4 tbsp butter (ideally raw, grass-fed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper.
- Broil until medium or medium-rare.
- Slice steak thinly across the grain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and cook until just beginning to brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sage and sauté about 4 minutes more.
- Arrange spinach leaves on large plate and place sliced steak on top.
- Pour mushroom sauce over each and sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve immediately.