Super Veggie Minestrone Soup
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 tsp fresh oregano chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 medium organic yellow squash chopped
- 2 medium organic zucchini chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped (Core Plan)
- 6 organic Roma tomatoes chopped
- 40 oz. chicken broth free range, divided
- 1 can Great Northern beans rinsed & drained
- 6 oz. bag of fresh baby spinach or 5-6 leaves kale stems removed and chopped
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated asiago or parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add onion to pan and sauté until softened, stirring frequently. Add oregano, garlic, sea salt, and pepper and heat through.
- Stir in squash, zucchini, and carrot sauté about 5 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- While the vegetables are cooking, place all but one cup of the chopped Roma tomatoes and a small amount of the broth in a blender and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Add the tomato mixture along with the remaining chopped tomatoes, beans, and the remaining broth. If using kale, add it here.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat; simmer about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. If using spinach, stir it in here along with additional sea salt and pepper if desired.
- Top with grated cheese, and enjoy.