Super Veggie Minestrone Soup
This yummy veggie packed soup is perfect for a cool night or reheated for a quick lunch! Try it out today, and you'll be happy you did!
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 tsp fresh oregano chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 medium organic yellow squash chopped
- 2 medium organic zucchini chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped (Core Plan)
- 6 organic Roma tomatoes chopped
- 40 oz. chicken broth free range, divided
- 1 can Great Northern beans rinsed & drained
- 6 oz. bag of fresh baby spinach or 5-6 leaves kale stems removed and chopped
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated asiago or parmesan cheese
Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium high heat.
Add onion to pan and sauté until softened, stirring frequently. Add oregano, garlic, sea salt, and pepper and heat through.
Stir in squash, zucchini, and carrot sauté about 5 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
While the vegetables are cooking, place all but one cup of the chopped Roma tomatoes and a small amount of the broth in a blender and blend to a smooth consistency.
Add the tomato mixture along with the remaining chopped tomatoes, beans, and the remaining broth. If using kale, add it here.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat; simmer about 20 minutes.
Remove from heat. If using spinach, stir it in here along with additional sea salt and pepper if desired.
Top with grated cheese, and enjoy.