Spinach & Mushroom Omelet
- 1⁄2 cup mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- 3-4 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- In a skillet sauté the mushrooms, onions, and spinach leaves until tender, remove from skillet.
- In a small bowl stir together the remaining omelet ingredients except oil.
- In the same skillet, heat oil. Pour egg mixture into skillet.
- Cook over medium heat lifting slightly with spatula to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath until omelet is set (3-4 minutes).
- Place sautéed mushrooms and spinach on half of omelet.
- Gently fold other half of omelet over filling.
- Serve hot.
- Tip: For even fluffier omelets, add 1/3 cup of water, almond milk, or grassfed milk to the egg mixture before cooking.
- Beat thoroughly.