Sautéed Spinach, Kale, and Collard Greens Recipe
Want to add some nutrient dense veggies to your meal that still taste great? Try this easy sautéed greens recipe packed with vitamin A, vitamin K, fiber, calcium, antioxidants, and much more! Spinach, collards, and kale go great with so many easy dishes — serve it alongside our Salmon with Basil Cream Sauce, Coconut Curry Chicken, or Caribbean Chicken. Put your own spin on this recipe by sautéing a mix of your favorite greens along with broccoli, brussels sprouts, or cabbage to make the perfect healthy side dish. Core Plan approvedAdvanced Plan approved
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ small onion chopped
- 6 black olives pitted, optional
- 2 lbs mix of chopped spinach, kale, or collard greens (broccoli can be used if you parboil it first)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup crumbled feta optional (Core plan only)
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and onion and cook until onion wilts.
- Add greens (chop the kale or collards but not the spinach) and olives, if using them.
- Sauté the greens 8–10 minutes. (If using spinach, add after 5 minutes and sauté spinach for only 2–3 minutes).
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper and cook one more minute.
Core Plan Optional:
- Sprinkle with feta cheese.