- 1 stick butter raw or organic
- 3 oz unsweetened, organic baking chocolate (3 squares) or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup 100% Egg Protein (Vitol)
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs free-range
- 2/3 cup ground flax seed or flax meal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Stevia to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Lightly grease a 9x9 baking pan. Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan on low heat. Stir until smooth and allow to cool.
- Add Vitol, stevia, vanilla, and eggs and beat well.
- Combine flax seeds, baking soda, and add to the chocolate mixture. Add chopped walnuts if using.
- Spread mixture into baking pan and bake for 25 minutes at 325°.
- When done, remove and cool brownies in pan on a wire rack. When cool, slice and serve.
- Note: For more moist brownies, reduce cooking time to 20 minutes. For a smoother texture soak flax seeds for 20–30 minutes in just enough water to cover them. Drain any excess before using in recipe.