Meat and Vegetable Kabobs
This healthy, yet tasty kabob recipe is perfect for backyard grilling! Try them with chicken, steak, salmon, or your favorite meat of choice and vegetables.
- 1 lb chicken breast or meat of choice cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 2 small zucchini cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup red and yellow bell peppers cut into chunks
- 8 mushrooms
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp wheat-free tamari sauce
- 2 tbsp dry sherry or white wine
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil
- 3 garlics cloves pressed
- 2 scallions cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 wooden skewers
- Add all ingredients to a plastic bag. Marinate 1–4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Soak 5 (12-inch) skewers in water for 25 minutes.
- Thread the chicken and vegetables on the skewers.
- Place skewers on the rack of a broiler pan 5 inches from the broiler.
- Brush with marinade.
- Broil for 5 minutes.
- Turn kabobs over and brush with marinade and broil for 5 more minutes.