Just Like Mashed Potatoes
Try this healthy version of mashed potatoes using cauliflower. Cauliflower belongs to the cruciferous family of vegetables, which are excellent for cancer prevention.
- 1 head of cauliflower chopped into small pieces
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup milk or milk substitute
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- salt to taste
- Steam cauliflower in a steamer basket for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Add cauliflower to the blender with the remaining ingredients and blend.
- Adjust seasonings if needed.
- Optional: Top with lecithin granules, which taste like butter. Lecithin granules are found in health-food stores and are good for optimal brain function.