Herb Butter Salmon and Asparagus
- 4 organic, wild caught salmon fillets boneless, skinless
- Himalayan sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb organic asparagus ends trimmed
- 1 lemon thinly sliced (plus additional wedges for garnish)
- 1/2 cup organic butter at room temperature
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- fresh thyme or parsley for garnish (optional)
- Season salmon generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Arrange one salmon fillet and 1⁄4 of the asparagus in the center of one 12 x 12 inch piece of parchment paper. Repeat with remaining salmon and asparagus. Slide lemon slices under the salmon and asparagus.
- In a small bowl mix butter, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Drop large dollops of the herb butter on top of the salmon and asparagus. Fold the parchment paper and foil tightly around the salmon and asparagus, being sure to seal the ends together tightly so the juices and butter doesn’t run out while cooking.
- Bake at 425°F for 30 minutes, until asparagus is tender and salmon is flaky.
- Drizzle fresh lemon juice over the top and serve immediately.