Garlic Parmesan Flaxseed Crackers
These crackers smell great, taste good, and provide that crunch we all crave. These giant crackers can be broken down into smaller pieces and served with hummus or other dips. You will also save a lot of money making them yourself rather than buying grain-free crackers.
- 1 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup organic Italian organic parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, add the water, and mix.
- This forms a ball of dough which you can form intoa rectangular disc and place on a silicone baking pad or greased parchment paper* in the middle of a cookie sheet.
- Spoon onto sheet pan which is covered with a silicone mat or greased parchment paper.
- Cover the mixture with a piece of parchment or waxed paper.
- Even out the mixture to about 1⁄8 inch.
- Use a rolling pin to level out the dough.
- Ensure it isn’t too thin around the edges.
- After the mixture is spread out, push the thin edges inwards with your fingers to even it out.
- Bake until the center is no longer soft, about 15–18 minutes.
- If it starts to get more than a little brown around the edges, remove from oven.
- Let cool completely – it will continue to crisp up.
- Break into pieces.
- * If you don’t have a silicone pad, place the dough on a sheet of parchment paper big enough to cover the cookie sheet.
- Cover the dough with another sheet of parchment big enough.