Garlic Parmesan Flaxseed Crackers
- 1 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup organic Italian organic parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, add the water, and mix.
- This forms a ball of dough which you can form intoa rectangular disc and place on a silicone baking pad or greased parchment paper* in the middle of a cookie sheet.
- Spoon onto sheet pan which is covered with a silicone mat or greased parchment paper.
- Cover the mixture with a piece of parchment or waxed paper.
- Even out the mixture to about 1⁄8 inch.
- Use a rolling pin to level out the dough.
- Ensure it isn’t too thin around the edges.
- After the mixture is spread out, push the thin edges inwards with your fingers to even it out.
- Bake until the center is no longer soft, about 15–18 minutes.
- If it starts to get more than a little brown around the edges, remove from oven.
- Let cool completely – it will continue to crisp up.
- Break into pieces.
- * If you don’t have a silicone pad, place the dough on a sheet of parchment paper big enough to cover the cookie sheet.
- Cover the dough with another sheet of parchment big enough.