Coconut Pancakes with Blueberries
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- 1⁄2 tbsp coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg, coconut milk, water, baking soda, and coconut flour.
- Whisk contents together just until blended and a good pancake batter is formed.
- Be careful to not over mix.
- Fold in the blueberries and coconut (if using) until incorporated.
- Let batter sit for a couple minutes while you prepare the griddle.
- Heat a griddle with coconut oil over medium heat.
- When the oil has melted, pour 1⁄4 cup batter onto the griddle.
- Fit as many pancakes on the griddle as possible without them touching and still allowing enough room to be able to flip each pancake with a spatula.
- Let the pancakes cook for 3-4 minutes, then when bubbles appear along the surface, flip the pancakes and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.