- 2 lb chicken breasts organic boneless skinless free-range
- 1 medium onion sliced
- ½ medium green pepper chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 can plum tomatoes (16 oz)
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- ½ tsp oregano crushed
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ lb mushroom sliced
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add chicken pieces, brown and set aside.
- Add onion, green pepper and garlic. Cook until onion is tender.
- Force plum tomatoes through a strainer to remove seeds.
- Add tomato liquid, parsley, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper to skillet.
- Cook over low heat for 15 minutes; stir occasionally.
- Add chicken; cover and cook over low heat 45 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until sauce is desired consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!