- 4 anchovy fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head of broccoli cut into florets
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 lemon juiced
- Place the anchovy fillets in a small, cold skillet and slowly heat over low heat (do not overheat). You can use a fork to break up the anchovies as they heat. Once melted, turn off the heat.
- In a separate pan, heat olive oil on medium heat (do not let it smoke) and add the garlic. Stir until light brown. Use a fork to take the garlic slices out of the pan and drain them on paper towels.
- Transfer the melted anchovies to a small bowl and add 1 tablespoon of the garlic oil from the pan and the lemon juice. Stir until mixed.
- Steam the broccoli over boiling water until just tender- no more than 5 minutes. Put broccoli in a serving dish with the fried garlic slices and the anchovy sauce.