Swap traditional lasagna noodles for zucchini in this recipe, creating a lighter and more nutrient-dense version of the classic Italian dish.
- 1 medium Onion (diced)
- 6 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 4 tbsp Tomato paste
- 28 oz Crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2-1 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 6 Zucchini or Yellow squash (cut into 1/4 inch rounds)
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Cottage cheese
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Add diced onions to pan and sauté until translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, red pepper flakes, italian seasoning & salt and pepper and cook until ground beef is fully cooked.
- While the beef mixture is cooking, in a separate bowl add cottage cheese, yogurt and cheddar cheese and mix until combine.
- In a baking tray add a layer of zucchini, then half of the ground beef mixture and half of the cheese/yogurt mixture. Repeat!
- Put in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.