Baba Ganoush (Eggplant Dip)
This traditional middle eastern dish is very impressive in taste and presentation without a lot of fuss. Pair it with raw vegetables for a tasty healthy snack.
- 2 Globe Eggplants (about 2 pounds)
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Tahini (Sesame Paste)
- 1 Clove of Garlic Finely Minced or Pressed
- 1⁄2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 21⁄2 tbsp Lemon Juice Freshly Squeeze
- 3⁄4 tsp Sea Salt
- Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp Cilantro Chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and brush with olive oil.
- Place on a baking sheet, cut side down, and roast until very tender, about 35 minutes.
- Place the eggplant in a colander to drain and cool for 15 minutes, then scoop the flesh out of the skin.
- Combine the eggplant, remaining olive oil, tahini, garlic, cumin, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, salt, and a pinch of cayenne in the work bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until the eggplant is smooth but retains some of its texture.
- Allow the baba ganoush to sit for one hour at room temperature, then season it to taste with additional lemon juice, salt, and cayenne.
- Toss in cilantro and serve with raw vegetables.