Sweet Curry Kale Pasta Salad
- 12 oz. kale cleaned, ribbed, cut
- ¼ cup lemon or lime juice fresh squeezed
- ¼ cup garlic infused olive oil (or olive oil)
- ¼- ½ tsp sea salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ⅛- ¼ tsp stevia to taste
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- ¼ cup slivered almonds or other raw nuts
- 4 cup dry red lentil pasta
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 30 oz black beans organic, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup white balsamic vinegar (or other balsamic vinegar)
- ⅓ cup garlic infused olive oil or olive oil
- 2 tbsp additional garlic infused olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- ½ small head of green or red cabbage
- Put kale in a large bowl and drizzle the lemon or lime juice over it. Set aside.
- Come back periodically over the next 20 minutes to 2 hours to toss the kale. Alternately, you may also refrigerate the kale/juice mixture for up to a day and come back to toss periodically.
- If you add other ingredients in as little as 20 minutes, it will still be very yummy, but the flavors will continue to improve over time.
- When ready to add other salad ingredients, add them in the order listed and sprinkle each item over all the kale, stirring after addition of oil, and then again after the last ingredient.
- Taste-test and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- The kale will be ready by the time you have everything else put together.
- Put the drained, rinsed beans into a medium bowl, sprinkle with the salt and pepper, mix.
- Next add the 1/3 cup of vinegar and 1/3 cup of garlic olive oil and toss. Periodically toss this mixture also while assembling the remaining ingredients.
- Next cook the pasta according to package directions, adding 1/2 teaspoon sea salt to the water. Do not overcook!
- Drain and rinse, and return to the original cooking pot and let soak in cold filtered water (may add a few filtered ice cubes as well) until the pasta cools.
- While the pasta cools, clean and slice the cabbage very thin using a knife, food processor slicing tool, or mandolin.
- Drain the cooled pasta, toss with the additional 2 tablespoons of garlic olive oil, and add to the kale salad.
- Next put the sliced cabbage on top of the pasta, followed by the marinated black bean mixture.
- Toss, taste-test, adjust seasonings if necessary, and enjoy!