Sugar-Free Carrot Cake
- 3 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ¼ tsps ground nutmeg
- ½ cup erythritol (like Swerve or spoonable stevia to taste)
- 5 large organic eggs
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil (or grapeseed oil)
- 3 cup carrots shredded
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts chopped (optional)
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 16 oz organic cream cheese softened
- ½ cup plain Amasai (or organic heavy whipping cream)
- 1 tbsp sugar-free pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup erythritol like Swerve or spoonable stevia to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease two 9-inch cake pans with butter and dust with almond flour.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil and eggs.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Fold in the carrots, raisins and walnuts if desired.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pans. The batter will be a bit thick, so try to even it by pushing the batter down carefully rather than spreading it.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool for 1 hour before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Mix all ingredients together with a hand mixer until well combined.
- For a thinner consistency, add more Amasai or whipping cream.
- Frost the cakes either as 2 short 9" rounds, or frost just the top of one cake, then place the second round on top and frost the outsides and top for a 2 layer cake.