Spanish Cauliflower Rice Recipe - Grain Free Option
- 1 head cauliflower “riced” (see instructions)
- ¼ large onion grated or finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or finely minced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup organic chicken stock
- ½ cup salsa (check ingredients for no added sugar or make homemade)
- 1 tsp sea salt
Optional: chopped black olives, cilantro, organic cheese
- To “rice” the cauliflower: If using a heavy duty blender, chop the cauliflower into florets and put into the canister, add filtered water to cover cauliflower, and turn on blender to low-med speed and wet-chop until the consistency of rice. Drain the water. If you do not have a heavy duty blender, simply use a grater to grate the florets into small, rice-like pieces.
- Heat coconut oil in a non-toxic skillet until melted.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for 2–3 minutes or until soft.
- Add cauliflower, cumin, chili powder, salt, chicken stock, and salsa.
- Simmer until most of the liquid is boiled off and the cauliflower is cooked through (the finished product will be a little firmer than regular rice).
- Top with optional toppings if desired.