Spanish Cauliflower Rice Recipe - Grain Free Option
This grain-free option with a Spanish flair is the perfect option for a healthy and nutritious side dish. Serve this zesty cauliflower rice with your favorite entrée, or use it to stuff vegetables like bell peppers or zucchini. Our recipe also pairs well with dishes like beef enchiladas.
- 1 head cauliflower “riced” (see instructions)
- ¼ large onion grated or finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or finely minced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup organic chicken stock
- ½ cup salsa (check ingredients for no added sugar or make homemade)
- 1 tsp sea salt
Optional: chopped black olives, cilantro, organic cheese
- To “rice” the cauliflower: If using a heavy duty blender, chop the cauliflower into florets and put into the canister, add filtered water to cover cauliflower, and turn on blender to low-med speed and wet-chop until the consistency of rice. Drain the water. If you do not have a heavy duty blender, simply use a grater to grate the florets into small, rice-like pieces.
- Heat coconut oil in a non-toxic skillet until melted.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for 2–3 minutes or until soft.
- Add cauliflower, cumin, chili powder, salt, chicken stock, and salsa.
- Simmer until most of the liquid is boiled off and the cauliflower is cooked through (the finished product will be a little firmer than regular rice).
- Top with optional toppings if desired.