Protein Almond Bars
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 scoops whey protein, such as MaxLiving Grass-Fed Whey Protein flavor of your choice
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp stevia or equivalent adjust to your liking
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 8 squares unsweetened chocolate melted and sweetened to taste with stevia and cinnamon (optional)
- Place almonds, flax meal, shredded coconut, whey protein, almond butter and salt in a food processor. Pulse briefly, about 10 seconds.
- In a small sauce pan, melt coconut oil over very low heat.
- Remove coconut oil from stove; stir stevia and vanilla into oil.
- Add coconut oil mixture to food processor and pulse until ingredients form a coarse paste.
- Spread paste evenly to desired thickness on baking sheet.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour until mixture hardens.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate, stirring in stevia and cinnamon.
- Spread melted chocolate over bars.
- Return to refrigerator for 30 minutes, until chocolate hardens.
- Remove from refrigerator, cut into bars, and serve.