- 1 cup chicken sausage sliced
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups broth (nonhydrogenated) or water
- 1⁄2 cup tomato puree or pasta sauce
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot diced
- 1⁄2 small zucchini sliced
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried seaweed (optional) (Seaweed increases the nutritional value)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄3 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1⁄4 cup elbow macaroni (preferably a wheat-free kind made from rice or quinoa)
- salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 tsp pepper
- Fry sausage in a skillet until browned on both sides.
- Add to a pot, all of the ingredients up until the bay leaf.
- Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the peas and pasta and cook until the pasta is al dente (10 minutes).
- Take one cup of the soup broth and blend or whisk it with the miso.
- Then add it back to the pot.
- Do not continue to cook the soup after the miso has been added as boiling temperatures kill the healthy bacteria in the miso.
- Add salt (if needed) and pepper to taste.