Italian Sautéed Fennel & Radicchio Salad with Grilled Chicken
- 4-6 ounces grilled chicken breast strips (fully-cooked, heated throughout)
- 3-5 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 small garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 large fennel bulb (sliced)
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 small heads of radicchio (sliced or chopped to yield to cups)
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt (divided, plus more to taste if needed)
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp fresh tarragon leaves (torn to garnish)
- Place the fully cooked grilled chicken strips in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook 3-5 minutes, or until strips are heated through. Remove chicken from heat and set aside.
- Wipe out the skillet and place it over medium heat. Add in 1⁄2 tablespoon coconut oil and allow it to heat up. Add in the chopped garlic; sauté 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add in the sliced fennel, season with 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until the fennel is slightly softened.
- Add in the sliced radicchio; season again with 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste. Sauté 1 to 2 minutes more or until radicchio begins wilting and turning brown in spots. Remove from heat immediately and add a splash of lemon juice.
- To serve, place the radicchio/fennel salad mixture on a serving plate and top the grilled chicken strips, and a few of the torn tarragon leaves. Finally, drizzle the salad with red wine vinegar; season with additional sea salt, if needed, to taste, then serve immediately.