Healthy Hummus Recipe – Vegan & Vegetarian
This classic hummus recipe is easy to make and very healthy. Serve this smooth and creamy dip with vegetables or try hummus instead of mayonnaise on sprouted grain wraps or sandwiches. With only five ingredients, our hummus dip is simple, yet delicious. Experiment with this basic hummus recipe — you can add your favorite spices like cumin and sumac to give it an extra flavorful kick! Core Plan approvedAdvanced Plan approved
- 2 cans rinsed chickpeas (~15 oz)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp sea salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (for spicy hummus)
- 1 tsp paprika (for mild hummus)
- Place all hummus ingredients in a food processor or blender and mix until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.