Almond Power Bars Recipe - Homemade Energy Bars
- 2 cups raw almonds
- ½ cup flaxseed meal
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 scoops Grass-fed Whey Protein
- ½ cup raw almond butter
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 8 drops liquid stevia (or 3/4 tsp stevia concentrated powder)
- 1 tbsp sugar-free pure vanilla extract
- 8 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and sweetened with stevia and cinnamon
- Place almonds, flax meal, shredded coconut, whey powder, almond butter, and salt in a food processor. Pulse briefly, about 10 seconds.
- In a small saucepan, melt coconut oil over very low heat. Remove coconut oil from stove; stir stevia and vanilla into oil.
- Add coconut oil mixture to food processor and pulse until ingredients form a thick paste. Press mixture into an 8 x 8 glass baking dish.
- Chill in refrigerator for one hour, until mixture hardens.
- Remove from refrigerator, cut into bars, and serve.
For optional chocolate topping:
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate, stirring in stevia and cinnamon.
- Spread melted chocolate over bars; return to refrigerator for 30 minutes, until chocolate hardens.