Grilled Fish Tacos with Baja Slaw Recipe
Baja fish tacos are the perfect summertime meal, or for when you’re craving something tangy and flavorful. Try these easy fish tacos for dinner tonight! This dish can be made either broiled or grilled with salmon, cod, or mahi mahi to suit your preferences. Core Plan approvedAdvanced Plan option – place the slaw on a plate and top with the fish for a healthy taco bowl
- 1 ½ lbs your favorite fish like salmon, cod, or mahi mahi
- 1 cucumber
- ½ head cabbage
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ large onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 hot pepper jalapeno, poblano, etc.
- 1 handful fresh cilantro chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup grapefruit juice
- ½ cup lime juice
- Grapeseed oil based mayonnaise
- Ground chipotle pepper
- Sprouted grain tortillas
- Season fish with salt, pepper, and chili powder and grill or broil to desired doneness.
- Slice the cucumber, cabbage, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, and hot pepper in thin strips.
- Add cilantro, grapefruit juice, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Let marinate for at least 30 minutes for best flavor.
- Optional: if you’d like an aioli-style dressing, mix grapeseed oil based mayonnaise with ground chipotle pepper.
- Put fish in a sprouted grain tortilla and top with slaw and aioli, or serve as a bowl without the tortillas, for a lower carb option!