Easy Tex-Mex Soup
This is a great go-to dish that is so flexible and easy to make. You can pretty much use any veggies you have on hand and spice it up however you please. Don’t limit yourself to just the ingredients listed below, mix it up and have fun!
- 4 cup organic free-range chicken broth
- 1 roma tomato (or 1/2 regular tomato)
- 1 rib organic celery
- 1 carrot core plan only
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ organic red yellow or orange bell pepper
- small slice of cabbage green, savoy, napa
- 1-2 mushrooms
- Handful of organic yellow squash or zucchini
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- ⅛ tsp cumin
- ½ fresh jalapeno pepper add more for a spicier taste
- ½ cup organic cooked chicken for a shortcut you can get the canned organic chicken
- ¼ cup black olives
- Handful organic non-GMO corn (core plan only)
- 1 organic sprouted grain tortilla found in the frozen section of health food stores, (core plan only)
Garnish: avocados, cilantro, organic sour cream
- Using a high-powered blender, place all ingredients except chicken, olives, corn (core plan only), and tortillas (core plan only) and blend on high until everything is liquified.
- Turn off blender and add chicken, jalapenos, olives, corn, and tortilla (torn into pieces).
- Put your blender on low speed and blend for 10-20 seconds. You will want the last batch of ingredients to remain in small chunks.
- Transfer to a saucepan and heat.