Tzatziki Dip (Yogurt Dip)
This traditional Greek recipe is usually made with cucumbers. In this version, we replace the cucumbers with Swiss Chard for a different twist on this classic.
- 1 cup Swiss Chard Leaves Finely Chopped, (Ribs Removed)
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1⁄4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice Freshly Squeezed
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- Bring a 1-2 quart saucepan, half-filled with water, to a boil.
- Add the chopped swiss chard leaves and cook until tender, about 2-5 minutes.
- While the chard is cooking, prepare a bowl with water and ice for an ice bath.
- When the chard is cooked, strain with a fine-mesh strainer and put into the ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Drain and set aside.
- Using a mortar and pestle, grind the garlic and salt into a paste.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir in the yogurt, chard, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper.
- Set aside.
- Serve with raw vegetables.