Delicious Holiday Pumpkin Pie with Almond Crust
For those that want a healthy, and lactose-free, version of the traditional Pumpkin Pie, that still tastes delicious, this is the recipe for you! Try this pie! Top with nutmeg, pumpkin seeds, or whipped cream (if lactose isn't a concern).
Almond Pie Crust:
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- 1 pinch of kosher or sea salt
- ½ pinch of stevia or xylitol to very lightly sweeten less is more
- 1 can pumpkin puree 15 oz. (preferably organic, with no sugar or other additives, check the label)
- 3 tbsps olive oil extra virgin
- ¾ cup “Spoonable” stevia or equivalent OR LESS – TASTE IT! Let the spices do the talking!
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg fresh grated
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 4 oz. organic coconut cream
- 8 oz. unsweetened almond milk original or vanilla flavor
- Fresh whipped cream garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix almond flour, pinch of sea salt, and ½ pinch of stevia/xylitol.
- Add extra virgin olive oil and thoroughly combine. Press into glass pie plate.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes. You don’t want the crust to brown.
- Remember to turn up the oven to 425° once the crust is done. (You bake the pumpkin pie at this higher temperature for just the first 15 minutes).
- Combine all filling ingredients. Use a high speed blender.
- Pour into a cooled almond pie crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425° F.
- Reduce heat to 350° F and bake for an additional 35 – 45 minutes.