Chocolate-Avocado Brownies with Walnuts
Satisfy your sweet tooth with these delicious guilt-free chocolate-avocado brownies. This delicious recipe is sure to be a hit!
- 3⁄5 cup almond meal
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 pasture-raised eggs large
- 2 ripe avocados large
- 8 ounces vegan/allergen-free dark chocolate 70% or higher—and chopped (Enjoy Life, Alter Eco, Kallari, etc.)
- 1 tbsp stevia powder extract (or 18-24 Stevia packets), or to taste
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil—enough so that the foil hangs over the sides of the pan.
- The over- hanging foil will later act as handles, making it much easier to remove the brownies from the pan, in order to cut them.
- To begin, place the chopped chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave- safe bowl and heat in 15-30 second intervals, stirring between each interval with a wooden spoon, until the coconut oil and chocolate are completely melted and smooth.
- Stir the mixture well to blend.
- Let the coconut oil-chocolate mixture rest at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the avocados, remove/discard stones, and place the avocado flesh in a large mixing bowl.
- Mash the avocado until smooth.
- Next, stir the coconut oil-chocolate mixture in with the mashed avoca- do, and stir to blend.
- Next, stir in the Stevia powder extract (or packets) until completely incorporated.
- Then add the eggs—one at a time—then finally, stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, first sift in the cocoa powder.
- Then stir in the almond meal, sea salt, and baking powder.
- Then add the dry mixture to the avocado mixture, and stir with a wooden spoon just until combined.
- Be sure to not over-mix.
- Fold in the walnuts, and then add the brownie batter to the prepared baking pan, and spread out to fill the pan,smoothing the top of the batter with a rubber spatula.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven, and bake for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, and let the brownies cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Hold the foil on either side of the pan, and carefully lift the brownies out of the pan.
- Transfer the foil to a wire cooling rack, and allow the brownies to cool some more before slicing and serving.
- Store the remaining brownies in an airtight container at room temperature (or in the refrigerator, if preferred) until needed as directed throughout the 30-day meal plan.