Chicken Asparagus Marsala
- 4 Free Range Chicken Breast Halves Boned and Skinned
- 10 oz Asparagus Spears Cut
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Coconut (or Grapeseed Oil)
- ½ lbs Mushrooms
- ¼ cup Marsala Wine
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Water
- ⅛ tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Parsley Chopped Diagonally into Pieces
- Pound the chicken pieces to 1⁄4-inch thickness.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium-high temperature.
- Add chicken and cook, turning, for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is brown.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- To the drippings remaining in the frying pan, add the asparagus and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan, add the marsala wine, water, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil for 2 minutes to reduce the liquid.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 3 minutes or until the chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Arrange the chicken on a serving platter.
- Spoon the vegetable sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.