These Carrot bars are moist and flavorful! Delicious treat to eat after any meal.
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour (finely sifted)
- 1/2 cup Oat bran
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Ground allspice
- 1/4 cup Raisins (optional)
- 3 tbsp Chopped walnuts
- 1 cup Crushed pineapple
- 2 Egg whites
- 1.5 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 cups Finely shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly oil an 8-inch square pan.
- In a large bowl combine finely sifted flour, oat bran, baking soda, baking powder, and spices. Mix well.
- Add in raisins and walnuts.
- In a blender, combine remaining ingredients except carrots. Blend.
- Add to dry ingredients along with carrots. Mix well.
- Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth the top. Bake 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan. Cut into bars.