Healthy & Hearty Beef Chili Recipe
Try this homemade easy chili recipe instead of preservative-filled, premade can from the grocery store! Our ground beef chili is easy to make with ingredients you likely have on-hand! The key ingredient in this healthy chili is the grass-fed beef. This type of beef is leaner than grain-fed beef, resulting in fewer overall calories. Grass-fed beef is also up to four times higher in Omega 3s and vitamin E than grain-fed beef. To make a spicy chili, add more peppers or chipotle to your liking! Core Plan approvedAdvanced Plan approved
- 1 lb beef or bison grass-fed
- 1 small onion organic, chopped
- 1 can crushed tomatoes organic
- 1 can kidney beans organic
- 1–2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- ½–1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 chipotle peppers chopped (optional)
- ½ cup raw cheddar cheese organic, grated
- Brown the ground beef in a large pot over medium-high heat, using a wooden spoon to break up the meat as it cooks.
- Drain off the fat and add the chopped onion.
- Continue cooking and stirring until the onion is translucent. Add the remaining ingredients (adjust spices to your liking) and bring to a slow boil.
- Reduce heat to warm/simmer, cover, and let chili simmer for at least one hour.
- Serve in a bowl with cheddar cheese, or as part of your favorite chili-based recipe.