Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- ⅓ cups water
- 3 tbsp organic almond/cashew butter
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom caps chopped
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 8 oz can of water chestnuts drained and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp ginger minced
- ⅓ cup tamari
- ½ cup green onions (optional)
- 1 head lettuce seperated into leaves
- Cook turkey in skillet with almond butter and coconut oil for about 5 minutes, stirring until turkey crumbles and is no longer pink.
- Add mushrooms, rice vinegar, water chestnuts, garlic, ginger and tamari. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes.
- Add green onions if desired and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Pull lettuce into leaves, if not done already.
- Spoon mixture evenly onto lettuce leaves; roll up.
- Serve with extra tamari sauce if desired.