Asian Asparagus and Seaweed Salad
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1⁄2 cup dried seaweed (optional) (wakame, arame, kelp)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger root
- 2 tbsp tamari (or soy) sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1⁄4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1⁄8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Soak the seaweed in water for 30 minutes.
- Add a colander and water to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Snap off the ends of the asparagus and slice each stalk into bite-size pieces
- Steam until tender (7 minutes).
- Rinse with cold water.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and toss with the asparagus and seaweed.
- Can be served hot or cold.