Holiday Roast Turkey Recipe
- 1 organic turkey grass-fed
- ½ lb butter
- ½ tsp dried sage
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried marjoram leaves
- ½ tsp crushed rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Rinse the turkey inside and out and then pat dry, stuff (if desired), and truss.
- Cut a piece of cheesecloth to a length that will cover the turkey and unfold to a single thickness.
- Melt ½ pound of butter in a small saucepan and add the dried sage, thyme, marjoram, and rosemary. Place cheesecloth in the pan and completely saturate. You can also brush skin with herb olive oil and baste every 15 minutes.
- Place turkey in the oven and reduce heat to 325º F.
- After 15 minutes, drape butter-soaked cheesecloth over the turkey so that it is completely covered. After an hour, baste the turkey every 15 minutes or so, to keep the cheesecloth moist (you can use leftover butter as well).
- Remove the cheesecloth for the last 30 minutes of cooking time for crisp skin.
- Allow the turkey to sit for at least 20 minutes before carving.