Savory Raw Flax Crackers
- 1 cup sesame seeds unhulled
- 2 cups ground brown flaxseed
- 1 cup whole brown flaxseed
- 1 cup sunflower or golden flaxseed not ground
- 2 tbsp cumin whole not ground
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 lemon include peel if lemon is organic
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 large onion
- 2 large handfuls of choice greens such as kale or spinach
- 1 cup packed parsley
- 1 cup purple carrots optional
- Soak sesame seeds while preparing other ingredients.
- Place flaxseeds, cumin, curry, and salt in a large bowl and stir.
- Blend the remaining ingredients except sesame seeds and carrots, then stir into the mixture in the bowl.
- Drain and rinse the soaked sesame seeds, then stir into the dough.
- Stir in the grated carrots (optional).
- Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes so the flaxseeds make the mixture gelatinous.
- Stir dough and spread 1⁄8 to 1⁄4 inches thick on parchment, plastic, or teflex dehydrator sheets.
- Using a spatula, score the dough into the size crackers you want.
- Dehydrate at 105° F for 8–10 hours.