Savory Raw Flax Crackers
High in fiber, nutritious, crunchy, and totally dip-worthy, these crackers are great on their own or paired with hummus or guacamole. The three colors of the seeds add to the appeal, and combination of spices makes these treats deliciously flavorful and impossible to pass up. You will never want to buy boxed crackers again!
- 1 cup sesame seeds unhulled
- 2 cups ground brown flaxseed
- 1 cup whole brown flaxseed
- 1 cup sunflower or golden flaxseed not ground
- 2 tbsp cumin whole not ground
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 lemon include peel if lemon is organic
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 large onion
- 2 large handfuls of choice greens such as kale or spinach
- 1 cup packed parsley
- 1 cup purple carrots optional
Soak sesame seeds while preparing other ingredients.
Place flaxseeds, cumin, curry, and salt in a large bowl and stir.
Blend the remaining ingredients except sesame seeds and carrots, then stir into the mixture in the bowl.
Drain and rinse the soaked sesame seeds, then stir into the dough.
Stir in the grated carrots (optional).
Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes so the flaxseeds make the mixture gelatinous.
Stir dough and spread 1⁄8 to 1⁄4 inches thick on parchment, plastic, or teflex dehydrator sheets.
Using a spatula, score the dough into the size crackers you want.
Dehydrate at 105° F for 8–10 hours.