Roast Chicken and Cauli-Rice
For Roast Chicken
- 1 whole organic chicken about 4 lbs
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
For Cauliflower Rice
- 1 large head of cauliflower chopped
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare chicken by rinsing and patting dry.
- Place whole chicken, breast up, in an 11x7 baking pan or a roasting pan.
- Rub chicken with oil and sprinkle seasonings evenly over the top
- Cover with foil and bake for about 1 hour.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 30-45 minutes until thickest part of breast reaches 160 degrees and skin browns.
- Place cauliflower in food processor and pulse until it is the consistency of rice grains.
- In a large skillet heat oil over med/high heat.
- Add onion and celery and cook until soft.
- Add cauliflower to pan and continue to cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until cauli-rice just starts to brown.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.