Grilled Chicken with Bok Choy
- 1 cup Organic Chicken Breast
- 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic Crushed
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger Grated
- 1-2 tbsp Soy Sauce or Tamari (plus extra for serving)
- 1 tbsp Mirin
- 2 cups Bok Choy Sliced
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 cups Fresh Shitake or Portobello Mushrooms Washed and Sliced
- 1⁄2 Mild Chili Pepper Seeded and Chopped
- 2 Small Green Onions Sliced
- 1-2 tsp Dark Sesame Oil (optional)
- 1⁄2 - 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Mix chicken together with half the garlic, half the ginger, soy sauce or tamari, and mirin, and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a wok or large pot and add mushrooms, bok choy, chili pepper, green onions, and remaining garlic and ginger
- Stir fry for about 6 minutes or until bok choy is tender but still crisp.
- Meanwhile, brush chicken with marinade.
- Pick up a piece of chicken and let excess juices runoff.
- Place the chicken on the hot grill pan and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until it is seared and has brown stripes then flip pieces over to cook the other side.
- Add any remaining marinade to the bok choy mixture, stir, and season with sea salt and pepper, sesame oil, and a dash of soy sauce or tamari.
- To serve, sprinkle with sesame seeds.