Grilled Chicken with Bok Choy
Bok Choy is a type of cabbage that offers tremendous health benefits. As the main ingredient in this dish, you are receiving maximum nutrition.
- 1 cup Organic Chicken Breast
- 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic Crushed
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger Grated
- 1-2 tbsp Soy Sauce or Tamari (plus extra for serving)
- 1 tbsp Mirin
- 2 cups Bok Choy Sliced
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 cups Fresh Shitake or Portobello Mushrooms Washed and Sliced
- 1⁄2 Mild Chili Pepper Seeded and Chopped
- 2 Small Green Onions Sliced
- 1-2 tsp Dark Sesame Oil (optional)
- 1⁄2 - 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
Mix chicken together with half the garlic, half the ginger, soy sauce or tamari, and mirin, and set aside.
Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a wok or large pot and add mushrooms, bok choy, chili pepper, green onions, and remaining garlic and ginger
Stir fry for about 6 minutes or until bok choy is tender but still crisp.
Meanwhile, brush chicken with marinade.
Pick up a piece of chicken and let excess juices runoff.
Place the chicken on the hot grill pan and repeat with the remaining chicken.
Cook for 2-3 minutes until it is seared and has brown stripes then flip pieces over to cook the other side.
Add any remaining marinade to the bok choy mixture, stir, and season with sea salt and pepper, sesame oil, and a dash of soy sauce or tamari.
To serve, sprinkle with sesame seeds.