Gluten-Free Swedish Meatballs Recipe
This crowd-pleasing Swedish meatball recipe will bring you back to your childhood! It’s an all-time favorite that is easy to make ahead, freeze, and reheat later. Make these breadless meatballs for a dinner party, potluck, or for your kids. Our easy Swedish meatball recipe is gluten-free and packed with flavor. Core Plan approvedAdvanced Plan approved
- 2 lbs ground beef grass-fed
- 1 organic egg
- 1 organic egg yolk
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ¼ large onion grated
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- Mix all ingredients (except for broth) and shape into 1″ balls. Fry in batches in a non-toxic skillet until almost cooked through.
- After all the batches are browned, transfer all the meatballs back into the skillet.
- Add 1 cup (or more if desired) of organic chicken broth. Finish cooking and serve warm.
- To freeze your Swedish meatballs, line a large Ziplock bag with parchment paper and place meatballs inside.
- To reheat, let thaw slightly and transfer to a skillet to reheat. You can add additional organic stock if it is not “saucy” enough or to keep the meatballs from drying out.