Chicken Sausage Soup
- 1 quart chicken broth organic
- 1 quart water
- 6–8 chicken sausage links (or turkey) organic
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2–3 heads escarole (or spinach) chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans (white beans) drained
- Fresh parsley to taste
- Lemon zest to taste
- Brown the onion and garlic in a small amount of olive oil in a medium sized stock pot.
- Add chicken stock, water and salt to taste. Bring to a boil and simmer.
- Brown chicken sausages in a separate frying pan and cut into chunks. Set aside.
- Add chopped escarole or spinach and cannellini beans to the stock mixture. Let simmer for 5–10 minutes.
- Add the sausage right before serving. Top with fresh parsley and lemon zest.