Cauliflower Crust Pizza Recipe – Gluten-Free Veggie Pizza
Searching for a healthy, gluten-free pizza option? Look no further! Just because you’ve ditched grains doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy pizza. Try out this easy and delicious cauliflower crust and make a tasty vegetarian pizza for your whole family! You just might like this cauliflower pizza crust better than the original.Core Plan approved
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 organic free-range egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup mushrooms
- ½ cup sliced olives
- Optional: other veggie toppings
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Grease cookie sheet with butter or coconut oil.
- Grate the cauliflower with a cheese grater, then place cauliflower in water in a stainless steel pan and cook for 12 minutes. Drain.
- Mix together the grated cauliflower, egg, and half of the cheese.
- Transfer to the cookie sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a round about ¼″ thick.
- Brush olive oil over top of crust. Bake for 15 minutes. While baking, mix tomato sauce, garlic, italian seasoning and sea salt.
- Remove crust from the oven, then add tomato sauce, remaining cheese, mushrooms, and olives (or any other toppings).
- Return to oven for 5–10 minutes, just until cheese is melted (extra veggies may add time to baking).