This cabbage soup is super affordable, simple to make, and packs a powerful health punch. It is great for leftovers and can be frozen easily. Garlic boosts your immunity, cabbage helps beat inflammation, and the protein stimulates muscle building.
- 2 tbsp grass-fed organic butter
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- ½ large onion chopped
- ½ large cabbage chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 qt organic free range chicken or vegetable broth (preferably homemade)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Optional - Chopped turkey bacon
- Optional - Chopped turkey ham
- Optional - Sauteed grass-fed beef
- Optional - 1 tomato chopped
- Core Plan Only - Cooked brown rice
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the butter until softened, but do not brown.
- Add cabbage, broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 1 hour covered.
- Add 2 tsp apple cider vinegar and any other optional add-ins, cook until completed (time varies depending on ad-ins).