Almond Flour Lemon Bars
- 1 cup finely ground almond flour
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tbsp powdered xylitol
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp raw, unsalted organic butter melted
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup finely ground almond flour
- 1/4 cup powdered xylitol 2
- 2 tsp Stevia
- 4 large organic, pasture-raised eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with unbleached parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour, powdered xylitol, and sea salt in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, stir together coconut oil, butter, and vanilla extract.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until thoroughly combined.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 –17 minutes until lightly golden.
- While the crust bakes, prepare the topping. In a blender or food processor (or by hand with a whisk), combine the almond flour, powdered xylitol, stevia, eggs, and lemon juice. Blend on medium speed until smooth.
- Remove the crust from the oven. Pour the topping evenly over the hot crust
- Pop back into oven. Bake for 15–20 minutes at 350° F until the topping is golden at edges.
- Let cool in the baking dish for 30 minutes, then refrigerate for 2 hours to set.
- Put 1⁄4 cup xylitol in a coffee grinder until powdery with the same consistency of icing sugar. Sprinkle with powdered xylitol (optional). Cut into bars and serve.