Wild-Caught Salmon Chowder
- 12 oz skinned salmon filet wild caught
- 2 tbsp butter grass-fed
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¾ cup onion chopped
- 2 stalks organic celery chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ head organic cauliflower
- 4 cup organic chicken broth free-range
- 1 cup filtered water
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried dill weed (or ¼ chopped fresh dill)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Heat butter and coconut oil in a large saucepan.
- Add carrot, celery, and onion and cook until vegetables just begin to brown.
- Add broth, water, salmon, cauliflower, chives, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on simmer until salmon is just cooked through.
- Remove salmon to a cutting board and flake into pieces.
- Meanwhile, scoop out most of the cauliflower (you can leave some florets in the chowder) along with a bit of the broth.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return the mixture to the pot and add the dill and mustard.
- Mix well and serve.