White Turkey Chili
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 3 medium poblano peppers seeded and white ribs removed, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper or more if you like it spicy
- 2 lb ground white meat turkey
- 30 oz white beans such as cannellini, drained and rinsed
- 8 cup organic free range chicken broth
- ¾ tsp dried oregano
- Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves chopped, optional
- 1 avocado chopped, optional
- Heat the oil in large pot or Dutch oven over moderate heat.
- Add the onion, celery, and peppers, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cumin, coriander and cayenne and cook, stirring about 30 seconds.
- Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until the meat is no longer pink about 2 minutes.
- Add the white beans, broth and oregano. Cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes.
- Add the salt and more cayenne pepper, to taste, and continue cooking, partially covered, 10 minutes longer.
- Ladle into individual bowls and top with cilantro and garnish with avocados if desired.